From: Adam Goldstein [mailto:whitewlf@whitewlf.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 1:18 AM
To: tux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Tux serving graphics only

Does anyone here have experience getting tux to work on a recent
Mandrake installation?

Such as Mandrake 9.0, 9.1 or 9.2?

Last time I tried, it would not recompile the kernel with tux
enabled... though, I am unsure if the mdk kernels have included or
discarded the tux code in the past couple revisions.

One of my customers is running a very high volume website, 65-75million
hits/month  (~10million page views)  with heavy images and php mysql
calls.

The server is a dual athlon 2000+ w/3.5G ram, U160 73G raid for main
pages&images and 36G 15K U160 for mysql. The server is steadily slowing
down under the user load and main partition becoming full of images
(1-300MB/day incoming, only small% being removed...).  Apache2.0.44,
php4.2.3, mysql4.0.13, Mandrake 9.0

Would tux help in this situation, or just suck more precious resources
for a small% gain considering that 95% of the pages are dynamic mysql?

We are actively trying to move to a multi-server setup, but that will
take some time to implement.