Re: Tux unstablity and bugs

Kees Hoekzema wrote:

Hey list,

I'm running Tux now for a couple of days and noticed some strange things.

[...]

So I started playing with compression. I made a gzipped file of every image
(find rocks ;)) and turned on compression. After I while I got complaints
from users who couldn't saw images. So I did some ab's on the images and
couldn't see the problem (more than 10k req/s actually). Next I used IE to
reload the images and on a page with +60 images it took more than 4 minutes
to get them all. I don't know what exactly caused it, but when i turned off
the compression, IE was able to reload the page including the images in less
than a second.

I can answer you only in that question. I also know that behaviour, but I know why it happens, if you use wget (search the list for my lasts posts) you can see that tux sends back the gzipped file but repports the size of the uncompressed file, so the app that it's donwloading waits until a timeout happens for the rest of the file.

I hope someone can enlighten me :)

Kees Hoekzema
I found that behaviour long time ago and reported it to the list in hope that someone wich better knowledge and more free time than me toke taht over me, but I'm still waiting for some free time to investigate and resolve it, I'm pretty sure that it must be damn easy once I find the spot to change.

Regards.

--
Jorge Nerin
<comandante@zaralinux.com>

[Index of Archives]     [Apache Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Docs]