Re: Strange tux problem

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 10:39:03AM -0400, Mark Swanson wrote:

>> Confirmed - if I create an empty directory foo.domain.com, tux will give
>> up and forward the request to Apache, instead of just closing the
>> connection. Since the usual response from tux when it's confused is
>> something like "page not found", I suspect closing the connection
>> without any response is a bug? :-)

> I agree, and I'm relying on the current behavior. Some clients refuse to send
> the fqdn and use the IP address in the URL. Tux doesn't understand that the
> IP address corresponds to www.foo.com. One way to make this work is to create
> an empty directory with the IP address as the directory name. Tux then
> forwards the request on to Apache. (One such client is from
> themindelectric.com (GLUE)). I've asked them to consider sending the fqdn but
> they will not so tux needs to support this behavior.

So if tux *didn't* rely on the existence of the host/ip directory, and just
forwarded the request to ie. Apache whenever it couldn't handle it
by itself, that would work for you too.. and you wouldn't have to
create empty directories :-)

Anyone up for a bughunt? :-)

Cheers, HC

--
Hans Christian Saustrup
Chief of Research/Development

Value your privacy - use PGP/GPGuard.

[Older Fedora Users Mail]     [Home]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [iPod Nano]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]