Re: Error starting TUX - URGENT - Please help

Great to hear, thanks.

I suspect there are a lot of release engineers ready to give up on
OpenSSH.  Sysadmins too.  If I didn't have enough fu to track this bug
down, we'd have dumped OpenSSH and the heavy OpenBSD baggage it comes
with

Cheers,
--
Ken.
brownfld@irridia.com

On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 10:00:59AM -0800, J Sloan wrote:
| Ken Brownfield wrote:
|
| >On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 09:48:25PM -0800, jjs@mirai.cx wrote:
| >| However this is a bug in ssh - it is affecting linux and IIRC hpux.
| >| My workaround is to start tux in a screen session, detatch and log out.
| >| (Yes, I tried the "ssh-hang" patch but it proved ineffective.)
| >
| >Try the attached patch.  The OpenSSH folks believe that this bug is
| >correct behaviour.  This works fine and causes no scp file corruption as
| >the OpenSSH team would claim.  Crack dealers must have a special for the
| >OpenBSD folks.
| >
| >This applies to 3.0.x, last I checked.  If you try the patch, let me
| >know how it goes.  I've had it in production under heavy
| >ssh/port-forwarding/agent/rsync-essh/etc load for months with no
| >problems.
| >
| I've been using the patch, and built new
| rpms with the patch included. I've been
| pushing it out to all the servers I manage
| and the patched version does not hang on
| exit -
|
| Thanks for the heads-up!
|
| Joe

[Index of Archives]     [Apache Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Docs]