Re: How to make Linux/Tux/Whatever better? (was Re: TUX development? Anyone?)

> > Please try to understand that banging my head against a problem for
> > (now over a month) is quite annoying.

well, if noone answers you, maybe there are too little people on the list that can. if you take a look at the code (like i just did), the bandwidth limiting doesn't seem to be imposed onto a single file being downloaded, but on a connection at general : a first file is sent, goes to you at max possible bandwidth, and if you request another on the wawme connection, the response will wait until you have waited enough for the average bandwidth you consumed approached the bandwidth you set in max_output_bandwidth. if you fire multiple wget sessions getting one file, you will never see the effect of the limit. maybe use generic kernel features to limit bandwidth (iptables, advanced packet sheduling (cbq or others)) this doesn't seem very useful, indeed. but if you want to use a ground breaking project, maybe you should also get to know it's code - it's not much more then 100 K of it, pretty well written and readable (thanks Ingo)

[Index of Archives]     [Apache Users]     [Fedora Desktop]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Docs]