From: tux-list-admin@redhat.com [mailto:tux-list-admin@redhat.com]On
Behalf Of Jim Duey
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 9:09 AM
To: tux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Tux not starting up

Hello,

I've been pounding my head agains a wall trying to get Tux to run on the
PowerPC 405GP processor.  I've got the kernel patched and compiled and I've
got the user space applications compiled.  The kernel boots and runs
normally, but when I try to start tux, I get the message "could not
initialize TUX".  If I put a printk in tux_init, I see the messages in the
log files.  However, any printk's I put into __sys_tux have no effect.  In
fact any changes I make to __sys_tux have no effect.  I am not loading Tux
as
a module, I have it compiled into the kernel.  At this point, I've tried
everything I know to do.  Can anyone point me in the direction of a
solution?

Thanks,
Jim