RE: How can TUX user module get notified when a page is removed from cache?

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Liang Yang wrote:

> Third, when we changed the source code of TUX, can we build TUX.o
> seperately to make if effect instead of building all Linux kernel
> modules. When we try to use the make in /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-31/net/tux,
> we encounter some problems:
>
> Make report: " Rules.make not found"

follow Alex's suggestion and build TUX the following way:

 cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-31/
 make modules
 make modules_install

you cannot build TUX (tux.o) separately at the moment, but if the kernel
is compiled already then 'make modules' should skip over the non-TUX
sections pretty quickly.

you can build the .o files separately, eg:

 cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-31/
 make net/tux/proto_http.o

> I found Linux kernel can build TUX module correctly when I rebuild Linux
> kernel successfully. So maybe something wrong with the TUX Makefile
> configuration when I use it seperately,but I don't know the reason.

the TUX Makefile does not handle the target. I found no trivial solution
for this, so a workaround is to save all the gcc commands that 'make
modules' generates into a separate script and call that script to compile
& link your tux.o file as quickly as possible.

	Ingo

[Older Fedora Users Mail]     [Home]     [Fedora Legacy]     [Fedora Desktop]     [iPod Nano]     [ATA RAID]     [Fedora Bible]     [Fedora Marketing]     [Fedora Mentors]     [Fedora Packaging]     [Fedora SELinux]     [Big List of Linux Books]     [Yosemite News]     [Yosemite Photos]     [KDE Users]     [Fedora Tools]     [Fedora Docs]