Re: Multi Hopping by sshserver proxy with different keys

Igor,

My ssh-agent works well and I haven't any problem with it : I'm using
keychain (persistent ssh-agent across connections; from debian
packages), filling the .ssh/environment file to get env setted correctly
for that.

Anyway, the trick doesn't work correctly since the terminal mode is raw
: I can succeed in logging the way I want but can't do any vi or any tab
command completion...

Concerning the security level you've evaluated, I do agree with the fact
that one's could read bastion's memory to get access to targets' keys.
But :
 1 - I made those targets keys usable only from the bastion. If the keys
where on the local box, this kind of filtering couldn't be done as far
as my users should be able to connect from everywhere - modulus ip
spoofing of course.

 2 - With all my targets keys on the bastion, I can administrate them in
a central way - which can't be done in the
distributed-to-the-local-boxes way. In particular, it's far more easy to
give a temporary access to anyone to any target in the bastion's holding
way.

 3 - Saying the keys can be read from the bastion's memory isn't worse
than distributing them across local boxes which are secureless than the
bastion - since they are some local boxes shared by multiple people...
Furthermore, the keys can regularly be changed to clean those kind of
weakness.

Thanks for sharing,
NF