Re: authenticated, but no prompt

Do you check if ssh hostname somecommand works or not? Try to run it with terminal suppression using -T i.e. ssh -T hostname somecommand.

If that works perhaps something wrong with the terminal allocation on the remote side (may they are all utilized? just guessing!) or problem with the shell.

Sharad