Search squid archive

refresh_pattern defaults

Hi guys,

I've been searching for a while and could not find the answer to the 'refresh_pattern' default values if they're NOT defined in the configuration. On the config website it mentions "none" which I don't understand, because in order to calculate this:

>> How does Squid decide when to refresh a cached object

if (EXPIRES) {
        if (EXPIRES <= NOW)
            return STALE
        else
            return FRESH
    }
    if (CLIENT_MAX_AGE)
        if (OBJ_AGE > CLIENT_MAX_AGE)
            return STALE
    if (OBJ_AGE > CONF_MAX)
        return STALE
    if (OBJ_DATE > OBJ_LASTMOD) {
        if (LM_FACTOR < CONF_PERCENT)
            return FRESH
        else
            return STALE
    }
    if (OBJ_AGE <= CONF_MIN)
        return FRESH
    return STALE

(taken from http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InnerWorkings#How_does_Squid_decide_when_to_refresh_a_cached_object.3F)

We need the refresh_pattern config values? I'm at a loss, have asked a good few linux friends etc using squid for a while with no good reply.

Technical details:

OS: Debian 6
Package installed: 3.1.6-1.2+squeeze2

Any ideas?