Search squid archive

Re: Is it possible to mark tcp_outgoing_mark (server side) with SAME MARK as incoming packet (client side)?

On Sat, 2014-03-15 at 21:13 +0530, Amm wrote:
> Ok I read further on that link itself, somewhere it says:
>
> disable-preserve-miss
> 	This option disables the preservation of the TOS or netfilter
> 	mark. By default, the existing TOS or netfilter mark value of
> 	the response coming from the remote server will be retained
> 	and masked with miss-mark.
> 	NOTE: in the case of a netfilter mark, the mark must be set on
> 	the connection (using the CONNMARK target) not on the packet
> 	(MARK target).
>
> First, it says to use CONNMARK and not MARK. I tried with CONNMARK as
> well but it did not work.

Yes, you definitely need to use CONNMARK, not MARK.

> Second, it says its for response coming from the remote server.

I used (and created) the patch to get the value from the remote server.
However, I can't remember whether it does it the other way as well (at
the time I thought I'd written the documentation so clearly, but coming
back to it now it's not clear...)

>From memory, however, you do need to configure qos_flows to *something*,
to trigger its operation. I think you can simply state "qos_flows mark".

> My question however was to pass on mark from client side to server side.
> i.e. reverse of what above paragraph says.

As above, it's primarily server to client. Get that working first so you
know everything is in order, and then try it the other way.

Let me know what you find out and I will update the documentation! (I
don't have time to look through the source code right now)

Andy