Search squid archive

Re: Automatic StoreID ?

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 10:10 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 03/11/2014 08:05 AM, Omid Kosari wrote:
>
> > Is it possible for Squid to automatically find every similar object based on
> > something like md5 of objects and serve them to clients without need custom
> > DB ?
>
> No, because clients do not tell Squid what checksum they are looking
> for. They only give Squid a URL of the object (essentially). Thus, to
> satisfy request for URL A with an already cached response to request B,
> Squid needs to map URL A to URL B, and that is what Store ID does.
> Response B checksum is irrelevant until you do the URL mapping.
>

> > I know it is complicated task but i think the Utopia of a cache should be
> > that we just have one instance of an object in all Squid Farm
> > (automatically) and serve it as different URLs.
>
> It is possible to avoid caching duplicate content, but that allows you
> to handle cache hits more efficiently. It does not help with cache
> misses (when the URL requested by the client has not been seen before).
>
> If content publishers start publishing content checksums and browsers
> automatically add those checksums to requests, then you would have the
> Utopia you dream about :-). This will not happen while content
> publishers benefit from getting client requests more than they suffer
> from serving those requests.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Alex.

maybe the Super Proxy Script is what you are looking for?

http://docs.huihoo.com/gnu_linux/squid/html/x1187.html

check the very last line.

current page: http://www.imp.mx/proxy.pac
google cache page:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VwRT23aHFgIJ:www.imp.mx/proxy.pac+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

i make no claims to the work, nor to its functionality.