Search squid archive

Re: deep understanding of squid smp with disker and worker

Alex Rousskov wrote
> On 02/13/2014 12:45 PM, Dr.x wrote:
>> now the limitation of 32kB is on  disk objects  only ??
>> or
>> both (memory or  disk )
>

> Shared memory cache prior to Large Rock support has the 32KB limit.
> Shared memory cache after Large Rock support does not have that limit.
> Non-shared memory cache (any version) does not have that limit.
>
> Alex.

hi Alex, thanks alot for explanation ,
now  how do i enable large rock store ??? from wiki i found it on 3.5 squid
, and last version is 3.4.x ??
can i enable it with my version of 3.4.3 ??
===================================

another question i have
ive implemented squid withboth aufs and rock
i have 3 aufs hardsisk
i creatred 6 workers
and mapped workers 2, 4, 6 to  aufs hardsisks aufs1, aufs2, aufs3, hardsisks
, also i mapped cpu cores  of workers 2, 4 6, to  8, 10 , 12 cores of my cpu

now what i noted is :
workers are not balanced !!!!
i mean that the http traffic is not balanced from os to workers
that mean that one worker will have more than others and so on

what i mean can be summarized with disk utilization duting time
as i said i have 3 workers mapped to 3 aufs hardsisks
nw when i use df -h , i have
[root@squid ~]# df -h
/dev/sda1       117G   14G   98G  13% /
tmpfs            16G  2.0G   14G  13% /dev/shm
shm              16G  2.0G   14G  13% /dev/shm
*
/dev/sdb1       117G   13G   99G  12% /ssd1
/dev/sdc1       117G   19G   93G  17% /ssd2
/dev/sdd1       235G  2.7G  220G   2% /ssd3
*
/dev/sde1       275G  772M  260G   1% /sata1 ========>rock
/dev/sdf1        99G  765M   93G   1% /sata2 ==============>rock

keep underline at the bold lines, those are my 3 aufs hardsisks , you will
see that :
/dev/sdb1       117G   13G   99G  12% /ssd1
/dev/sdc1       117G   19G   93G  17% /ssd2 =================>most requested
recived
/dev/sdd1       235G  2.7G  220G   2% /ssd3 ===============>less requestes
recieved

another question ,

can i monitor the cache.log for each aufs instance ???
i configured access.log and cache.log for each aufs instance , but only
access.log worked !!!!
i cant monitor cache.log for each aufs instance but i can monitor cache.log
for rock  store ???

can you guide me with best mount options with best aufs aubdirectories so
that i have the best byte ratio and have more save for my bw ??

agian , i have 24 cores in my servers and need to get benefit of it

regards

-----
Dr.x