Search squid archive

Re: squid 3.3.8 running away

Hi Eleizer,

thanks for getting back to me.

OK - yes. Its a VMWare virtual machine with 2 interfaces - 1 to
outside world, one with the clients on. Its 2 processor, 4GB RAM,
Debian wheezy 64bit

I can't set it up as router only as it isn't a gateway, and I'm not
keen on rejigging the network to test this, but traffic is likely to
be ~10-20Mbps when it dies, connections per seconds in the hundreds.

'Kills it' is cpu usage hits 99.8-101% and stays there. And it stops
forwarding requests.

there is nothing I can see in the logs (3.2 gave a message about file
descriptors)

I've been through all this before with s squid 3.2 box, and the
solution then was file descriptors. I've not set up disk caching on
this setup (or at least I haven't got a line setting about disk cache
- does it create one by default?). My next thing to try would be
adding a disk cache maybe...

Regards,

Jim Potter
BEC Network Manager