Search squid archive

Re: URL rewrite and POST body

Amos Jeffries <squid3 <at> treenet.co.nz> writes:

> On 6/11/2013 12:37 p.m., WorkingMan wrote:
> > 1) Is the POST body request preserved when using url_rewrite_program?
Based on
> > my test it seems to be lost. If it's lost is it easy to modify SQUID to
> > preserve that (or maybe an option to enable that)?
>
> It should be preserved. Only headers portion should be completely
> rebuilt with new headers copied from the old URLs' request to the new
> URLs' request.
>
> > 2) Can URL be rewritten in content adaptation like eCAP (or ICAP)? Just
> > wondering.
>
> Yes.
>
> > 3) what is the order of url_rewrite_program (or other redirect option)
and
> > content adaptation order (which one comes first?).
>
> 1) http_access access controls (deny_info redirect)
> 2) ICAP/eCAP
> 3) URL-rewrite/redirect
> 4) adapted_http_access controls (deny_info redirect again)
> 5) source selection stages ...
>
> > Let me know what can be done for rewrite the URL and preserve POST body
(so
> > query params in the request body and not in the URL)
>
> "query params" in the POST body, and body. Nothing Squid does affects
them.

> Amos

I went with eCAP to do this but in the request mode I am not able to
get the POST body. I can get response from response mode so something
is working. I am using the same adapter for request/response but it
seems I don't get any events for request mode(tshark shows that on
SQUID server side I am receiving correct header and POST body).

squid.conf

visible_hostname my.example.com
cache deny all
forwarded_for off
strip_query_terms off

cache_effective_user proxy
cache_effective_group proxy
client_dst_passthru off
host_verify_strict off
http_port 3130 intercept
http_port 3128

ecap_enable on
loadable_modules /etc/dev/adapter.so

ecap_service eReqmod reqmod_precache bypass=0
uri=ecap://my.example.com/injection?mode=REQMOD

adaptation_service_set reqFilter eReqmod

acl GOOD_HTTP_STATUS http_status 200

adaptation_access eReqmod allow GOOD_HTTP_STATUS

http_access allow all
http_reply_access allow all

access.log: shows up the POST request

cache.log: says ACL is used but htere is no HTTP reply -- not matching.
that's the only thing I have in it.

syslog: shows no log