Search squid archive

Re: Re: Squid naps each 3600 seconds !

On 10/25/2013 01:22 AM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 10/24/2013 11:13 AM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
Out of curiosity,
What squid Digest content is?
What the Digest rebuild does?
Let say an ICP\HTCP request can reflect the Information inside the digest?

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CacheDigests
OK So now we have the other problem:
ICP is causing the lookup but it will not so called NAP the squid instance.
So we need to see more statistics on this specific digest since it can be a slow HDD or another issues that causes the digest to be very slow. "squidclient mgr:store_digest" or "http://PROXY_IP:FORWARD_PORT/squid-internal-mgr/store_digest"; should give more. using the "http://PROXY_IP:FORWARD_PORT/squid-internal-mgr/refresh"; we should see how is the HTCP\ICP load would be compared to DIGEST.

Can you share some more information on this machine "Horses" ?
The above can be a key to identify couple very direct things that results the slow speed of the process. Also regular statistics list of "http://PROXY_IP:FORWARD_PORT/squid-internal-mgr/info"; can give some more understanding of the situation.

Thanks,
Eliezer

Alex.