Search squid archive

Caching large files (i.e .ipsw)

Before i start, please forgive my ignorance (I'm still pretty new to this).

What I'm using:
Ubuntu Server 12.04.3
Webmin 1.660
Squid 3.1

What I'm trying to achieve:
I want to have a transparent bridged squid proxy server for caching large,
frequently used files.
(i.e Apple software updates, iOS .ipsw files).
I do not need dynamic content (youtube etc.) to be stored, and general
webpage data is not essential (but a definite bonus).
The main idea is to increase performance (having to wait only 30sec to
download a iOS restore file instead of 15min once the first client has
downloaded it).

What I have achieved so far: (by myself, by simply “Googling” it)

I have managed to setup the server in question with two ethernet cards (one
connected to the modem/router, the other to the rest of the network).
I have set them up as a bridge (/etc/network/interfaces looks like below)

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto br0
iface br0 inet static
address 192.168.2.239
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.2.0
broadcast 192.168.2.255
gateway 192.168.2.250
bridge-ports eth0 eth1
dns-nameservers (ive removed these just in-case)

I have also configured iptables to redirect all traffic on port 80 to 3128

This all seems to work fine, but the big problem i have encountered is
configuring squid.

It seems i can get squid to cache some files and not others.

e.g. (part of a sarg log)
ACCESSED SITE	                            CONNECT	BYTES	%BYTES
IN-CACHE-OUT    ELAPSED TIME
appldnld.apple.com	                          2	         1.40G	   87.35%
0.00%/100.00%	00:50:24
ipv4.download.thinkbroadband.com	          1	         20.97M	   1.30%
100.00%/0.00%	00:00:03

Unless I'm mistaken, I read this as:
data requested from 'appldnld.apple.com' 2 times, a total of 1.4GB was
downloaded (not quite sure what 87.35% Bytes is), the the important bit,
IN-CACHE-OUT, 0%/100% meaning 0% was cached, 100% was purged.

However, when I try a test download from
www.thinkbroadband.com/download.html it seems to cache the whole file
(IN-CACHE-OUT, 100%/0%)

Tl;dr

So after a long winded explanation of my situation, my question is;

How do I configure squid to cache either:
1. All files
or
2. Specific files
or
3. Files from a specific domain / ip / url

Thanks in advance