Search squid archive

Re: cache peer: hit, miss and reject

On 6/09/2013 11:56 a.m., Nikolai Gorchilov wrote:
Sorry for the late reply. Was traveling in the last two days.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would use an external_acl_type helper to do the calculation about whether a request was to be cached and set a tag=value on the transaction. The tag type ACL can then test for this tag and do a "cache deny". Since you have all traffic

Something like this:

   external_acl_type tagger ttl=0 %URL ...  (helper returns "OK tag=first-seen" or just "OK").
   acl firstSeen external tagger
   acl taggedFirst tag first-seen
   http_accesss deny firstSeen !all
   cache deny !taggedFirst
Yeah. Did something like this, works like a charm.

Even tried to remove all ICP as it is used only for marking via
qos_flows parent. The helper mostly replicates the logic behind our
custom ICP listener and returning tag=parent-hit was a no brainer.
Unfortunately I have discovered that clientside_tos doesn't support
slow acls like tag. I believe this fact has to be mentioned somewhere
at http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/clientside_tos/. Will stick
to ICP HIT/MISS  & quos_flows for DSP marking for now, while observing
ZPH kernel patch as an alternative.

'tag' is a fast-ACL check against the transactions existing tag. I recoomend it a lot to prevent mistakes using external_acl_type tests in fast ACL checks. Perhapse you have found a bug in the clientside_tos - checking that now.

Thanks Amos. For all the efforts keeping the squid development going
and it's community alive :)

Welcome

Amos