Search squid archive

Re: icp_query_timeout directive is not working in 3.3.8 for some reason

Hi Guys,

actually all the problem appeared to be happening due to ICP communication
between squid and our cache peer which also supports ICP. When we have
workers (more than 1) the ICP packets were not returning back (eventually)
to the proper worker so that's why the TIMEOUTS were happening, probably due
to the reason that this is UDP communication

After adding the following simple config

# different icp port per worker in order to make it work
icp_port 313${process_number}

now everything is working fine with Multi worker environment and our
cache_peer