Search squid archive

Re: Dump some contents

On 08/22/2013 08:09 AM, Alfredo Rezinovsky wrote:
> I need to "save" some full responses.

> ecap or icap seems to be the answer.

Yes. For more details, please see
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ContentAdaptation

> But I need the content readable using a bash or ruby script.

Your options are:

1. Write a C++ eCAP adapter that accumulates message body and then calls
your bash or ruby script to process it.

2. Write an ICAP adapter that accumulates message body and then calls
your bash or ruby script to process it. There are ICAP servers that
support pluggable adapters, but the ones I know about are written in C
or C++ (c-icap and Traffic Spicer) so your adapter will have to use the
same language. There might be some ruby ICAP servers out there.

3. Hack a simple ICAP server in ruby. Personally, I do not recommend
this route because implementing an ICAP server correctly is far more
difficult than implementing options #1 and #2.

HTH,

Alex.