Search squid archive

Re: Cache Windows Updates ONLY

On 20/08/2013 4:31 a.m., HillTopsGM wrote:
Hi All.
I've been doing lots of reading and I believe I am understanding the basic
concept of how to use Squid.
/I've posted the hardware that I am using at the bottom of the post/.

I have about 12 windows machines running at any one time and I was hoping to
start using Squid to speed up the Windows updates in this environment -
*NOTHING ELSE FOR NOW*, as I don't want the cache to potentially interfere
with the other work going on.
I will consider adding complexity as I go and continue to learn how to use
it.

For Practise I installed Squid using apt-get on a Linux Mint15 installation
- install went smoothly.

I found the the *How do I make Windows Updates cache?* wiki here:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/WindowsUpdate
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/WindowsUpdate>

It looks straight forward - just copy and past the appropriate settings from
that page into the squid.conf file.

What I am not clear on is how to NOT CACHE anything else?
Would someone be able to help me with that?

The "cache" directive is what controls whether the reponse to a request will be stored.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache/

Amos