Search squid archive

Re: squid and webdav caching

On 6/06/2013 4:02 a.m., Alex Domoradov wrote:
On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/06/2013 3:51 a.m., Alex Domoradov wrote:
Hello, is there possibility to cache webdav (subversion) at all? As I
found in google there was experimental option extension_methods. But I
don't see such option in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. Any advise?

extension_methods was never about caching. It would simply permit the
unknown HTTP methods through.
yes, it more correctly. I mean that without this options it doesn't work at all.

Squid-3.x do that without any configuration these days.
If you can point us at any RFC standard that defines cacheability for WebDAV
methods which Squid-3 is not caching properly, please do.
Amos
So, I could simply set ip of squid in subversion client (tortoise svn
for example) and it would be cache all objects by default? There is no
need in any specific settings in squid.conf?

Depends on what HTTP methods SVN is using for the transfers. If it is using GET or some other known cacheable method for the retrieval it should be cached. What I know if the internals of these tools however is that the majority of transactions they do are very unique (patches and diffs between arbitrary files etc), so caching just adds corruption into the repository data.

Amos