Search squid archive

Re: Squid: how to link inbound IPv4 + multiple port connections to unique outbound IPv6's

On 22/05/2013 8:47 p.m., bilderberger wrote:
I'm trying to setup a squid proxy that will accept multiple inbound
connections on one IPv4 across a range of ports, and for each port
connection to connect out on a unique IPv6 address.

I've named each port connection, and designated an ACL based on the
connection name, and then I've tried to define an outgoing IPv6 for each
name. The script below works, in that it accepts connections on the
different ports and routes out via IPv6 however, all outbound connections
use the same IPv6 (user5) regardless of the inbound port used, even though
there are different ipv6 defined per port/user - the wierd bit is that even
if I comment-out that user5 IPv6 from squid.conf, it still gets used for
outbound connections.

Can anyone see what I've done wrong here? (using Squid 3.1.1 on Centos 6
64bit)

Whats been done wrong is using 3.1.1. You need a 3.2 series release for reliable tcp_outgoing_address IPv6 support.
Last 3.2 was 3.2.11. Or for the current latest supported Squid use 3.3.5.

Amos