Search squid archive
Squid Reverse Proxy (accel) always contacting the server
|[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]|
Hi, This is what I want to obtain: Environment: * everything on the same machine (Debian GNU\Linux) * server running on tomcat, port 8080 * squid running on port 280 * client can be anywhere, but for now it's on the localhost machine too I want to set up an http cache to my tomcat server to reduce the load on it. And I expect to obtain a result like this: First request 1. 9:00 AM (today) client request GET to http://localhost:280/myservice 2. squid receive the request, nothing in cache, contact my server 3. tomcat reply with a 200, the body and some header: Cache-Control: public, max-age=3600 Last-Modified: //8:00 AM//4. squid store in cache that result that should be valid until 10:00 AM (today) = 9:00 AM (time of the request) + 3600 seconds (max-age)
5. client receive the response Second request:1. 9:05 AM (today) client request GET to http://localhost:280/myservice with header
If-Modified-Since: //8:00 AM// 2. squid receive the request, see 9:05 AM < 10:00 AM --> cache hit 304 3. client receive the response 304 Third request (after 10:00 AM)1. 10:05 AM (today) client request GET to http://localhost:280/myservicewith header
If-Modified-Since: //8:00 AM//2. squid receive the request, see 10:05 AM > 10:00 AM --> time to see if the server has a new version, forward the if-modified-since request to the server 3. suppose the resource is not changed: tomcat reply with a 304 Not Modified, again with headers:
Cache-Control: public, max-age=3600 Last-Modified: //8:00 AM//4. squid store update the cache value to be valid until 11:05 AM (today) = 10:05 AM (time of the request) + 3600 seconds (max-age)
5. client receive the response: 304 Not Modified Instead squid is ALWAYS requiring the resource to the server:$ curl -v -H 'If-Modified-Since: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:14:20 GMT' 'http://localhost:280/alfresco/service/catalog/products'
* About to connect() to localhost port 280 (#0) * Trying 127.0.0.1... * connected * Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 280 (#0)
GET /alfresco/service/catalog/products HTTP/1.1 User-Agent: curl/7.24.0 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.24.0
OpenSSL/1.0.0h zlib/1.2.6 libidn/1.24 libssh2/1.2.8 librtmp/2.3
Host: localhost:280 Accept: */* If-Modified-Since: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:14:20 GMT
* additional stuff not fine transfer.c:1037: 0 0 * HTTP 1.0, assume close after body < HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified < Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 23:27:57 GMT < Cache-Control: public, max-age=3600 < Last-Modified: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:14:20 GMT < Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8 < Content-Length: 1158 < Server: Jetty(6.1.21) < Age: 1 < X-Cache: HIT from localhost < X-Cache-Lookup: HIT from localhost:280 < Via: 1.0 localhost (squid/3.1.19) * HTTP/1.0 connection set to keep alive! < Connection: keep-alive < * Connection #0 to host localhost left intact * Closing connection #0 It say X-Cache: HIT but I actually see the log in my server: the request is reaching it.And since I have to do all the job but the rendering to check if the content is changed this create an heavy load on the server.
Here my configuration: the /etc/squid3/squid.conf (only added include on the top) include /etc/squid3/accel8080.conf acl manager proto cache_object acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/32 ::1 acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8 0.0.0.0/32 ::1 acl SSL_ports port 443 acl Safe_ports port 80 # http acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp acl Safe_ports port 443 # https acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http acl CONNECT method CONNECT http_access allow manager localhost http_access deny manager http_access deny !Safe_ports http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports http_access allow localhost http_access deny all http_port 3128 coredump_dir /var/spool/squid3 refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080 refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440 refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0 refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320 the included config file (my custom reverse proxy conf): http_port localhost:280 accel ignore-cccache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query originserver no-digest default name=myAccel
refresh_all_ims off acl Safe_ports port 280 http_access deny !Safe_ports acl our_sites dstdomain 127.0.0.1 acl our_sites dstdomain localhost http_access allow our_sites cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites cache_peer_access myAccel deny all The startup log (cache.log):2012/03/30 01:32:22| Starting Squid Cache version 3.1.19 for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu...
2012/03/30 01:32:22| Process ID 23466 2012/03/30 01:32:22| With 65535 file descriptors available 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Initializing IP Cache... 2012/03/30 01:32:22| DNS Socket created at [::], FD 7 2012/03/30 01:32:22| DNS Socket created at 0.0.0.0, FD 8 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Adding nameserver 192.168.88.254 from /etc/resolv.conf 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Adding nameserver 192.168.1.1 from /etc/resolv.conf 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Unlinkd pipe opened on FD 132012/03/30 01:32:22| Local cache digest enabled; rebuild/rewrite every 3600/3600 sec
2012/03/30 01:32:22| Store logging disabled 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Swap maxSize 0 + 262144 KB, estimated 20164 objects 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Target number of buckets: 1008 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Using 8192 Store buckets 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Max Mem size: 262144 KB 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Max Swap size: 0 KB 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Using Least Load store dir selection 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Set Current Directory to /var/spool/squid3 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Loaded Icons.2012/03/30 01:32:22| Accepting accelerated HTTP connections at 127.0.0.1:280, FD 14.
2012/03/30 01:32:22| Accepting HTTP connections at [::]:3128, FD 15. 2012/03/30 01:32:22| HTCP Disabled. 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Configuring Parent 127.0.0.1/8080/0 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Squid plugin modules loaded: 0 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Adaptation support is off. 2012/03/30 01:32:22| Ready to serve requests. 2012/03/30 01:32:23| storeLateRelease: released 0 objects and the access.log while issue some request: 1. GET without any other header1333064055.374 454 127.0.0.1 TCP_MISS/200 1519 GET http://localhost/alfresco/service/catalog/products - FIRST_UP_PARENT/myAccel application/json
2. GET without any other header (again)1333064061.343 645 127.0.0.1 TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/200 1517 GET http://localhost/alfresco/service/catalog/products - FIRST_UP_PARENT/myAccel application/json
3. GET with If-Modified-Since header1333064068.956 397 127.0.0.1 TCP_REFRESH_UNMODIFIED/304 369 GET http://localhost/alfresco/service/catalog/products - FIRST_UP_PARENT/myAccel application/json
please help me, I think I did what's in http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/ReverseProxy but this is not working and I lost too much time on the issue already trying to read and experimenting on my own.
If I manage to make it work the next step is to make the cache work only on /alfresco/service path on the service, any path including query string ?key=value...
but for now I would be happy to solve this particular issue.I also enabled full logging on squid3 to understand what's happening, this is the log for the second request above (without any header):
http://pastebin.com/GhazwHCr (too big to include in this email) if you need any other information I would gladly provide it. Thank you very much, Regards, Daniele Segato
[Linux Audio Users] [Photo] [Yosemite News] [Samba] [Video Projectors] [Video Devices] [Big List of Linux Books] [LCD TVs] [Webcams] [Linux USB]