Re: sparc - generic clock event support

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:55:21AM +0200, Konrad Eisele wrote:
Sam Ravnborg wrote:
I have now finised revising the patch to
provide support for generic clock event support
on sparc32.

The main focus has been to extend the core functionality
(within sparc32) to allow us to share a lot of code between
leon and the other platfroms.

I have in this process updated a few bits here and there.
The patch set is build tested for leon, and
runtime tested on my ss5 (sun4m).

I'll test it today on Leon.

Thanks Konrad!
I hope I did not broke it beyond repair :-)

	Sam

I runtime tested your patch. For single-CPU the patch works
fine. For SMP I cannot test because Leon-SMP for 3.x doesnt
work right now, also without your patch. The last version
that I could verify LEON-SMP was 2.6.36, 3.0 should also work,
however there your patches dont apply. I'll have to make
Leon-SMP work with 3.4 first , then I can test the SMP part
of the patch. However I'll write this on my todo list for
after easter. As for Leon-SMP is broken right now I would
vote for that your patches are applied now and after that to
try to fix Leon-SMP.
-- Konrad