Re: [Sipping] Is SDP in an unreliable response "the answer" ???

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
Paul Kyzivat wrote:

- a PRACK. But a PRACK can only be sent in response to a reliable
  provisional. The assumption here is that the answer has not been sent
  in a reliable provisional yet. So the PRACK would only be an option
  if a reliable provisional *without* SDP was sent after sending an
  answer in an unreliable provisional. This is a very weird case.

Is this even allowed? I would think that once an answer has been sent in
an unreliable provisional response, the identical answer MUST be
included in (at least) the first reliable provisional response if one is
sent. Allowing any sort of reliable response that does not contain an
identical copy of the answer that was sent in an unreliable response
seems like a recipe for disaster.

Its hard to imagine why the UAS would do such an odd thing. But AFAIK it is not *forbidden* from sending a reliable provisional without the answer.

I don't see it as a recipe for disaster if the UAC is carefully constructed. But based on the range of behavior in the wild, I think this might have a high probability of working unpredictably.

	Thanks,
	Paul