Re: non-200 response to PRACK (was: Re: PRACK: Change MUST requirement to include SDP offer in first reliable provisional response)

Hi,

>>I mean rejectable in app-level. 491 is beneath app-level.
>
>And precondition notification is not a rejectable usage in app-level.

>Ok, so where is all that defined?

[Gao] By RFC3312:  The offerer generates a transaction
>status table, identical to its local status table, and sends it to
>the answerer in the offer.  The answerer uses the information of this
>transaction status table to update its local status table.  The
>answerer also updates the transaction status table fields that were
>out of date and returns this table to the offerer in the answer.  The
>offerer can then update its local status table with the information
>received in the answer.  After this offer/answer exchange, the local
>status tables of both user agents are synchronised.

>The precondition state is just notification/updating, not negotiating.

Yes, but where is it specified that it is "non-rejectable"?

>>BTW, I saw some points of view (just today and yesterday) which want to make it simple.

>I also want to make it simple.

>Saying that something must never happen is a very simple solution. We sould do that for other things also, and our specs would become very short... :)

>[Gao] I am not sure we are talking the same thing :)
>I mean that some people do not want modification here.

You are saying that a PRACK can never be rejected.

Regards,

Christer

Hi,

>>I think we already a while ago agreed on the principle that it shall be possible to send a non-200 response to a PRACK (not only for offer/answer, but possibly also due to other reasons).

[Gao] Then, it is a modification of RFC3262.

Yes.

And, in that case, why would an intermeidate be allowed to reject a PRACK, but not the UAS?

[Gao]  I think, by RFC3262, it is not suitable to put too much usage in the PRACK to make it rejectable.

Every request is rejectable, no matter how much or little usage you have in it.

Regards,

Christer