Linux Advisory Watch: February 17th, 2012

| LinuxSecurity.com                               Linux Advisory Watch |
| February 17th, 2012                              Volume 13, Number 7 |
| Editorial Team:              Dave Wreski <dwreski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |

Thank you for reading the Linux Advisory Watch Security Newsletter. The
purpose of this document is to provide our readers with a quick summary of
each week's vendor security bulletins and pointers on methods to improve
the security posture of your open source system.

Lots of Slackware and Ubuntu advisories this week.

Vulnerabilities affect nearly every vendor virtually every week, so be
sure to read through to find the updates your distributor have made
available.

* Debian: 2410-1: libpng: integer overflow (Feb 15)
   Jueri Aedla discovered an integer overflow in the libpng PNG library,
   which could lead to the execution of arbitrary code if a malformed
   image is processed. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156792

* Debian: 2409-1: devscripts: Multiple vulnerabilities (Feb 15)
   Several vulnerabilities have been discovered in debdiff, a script
   used to compare two Debian packages, which is part of the devscripts
   package. The following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project
   ids have been assigned to identify them: [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156787

* Debian: 2408-1: php5: Multiple vulnerabilities (Feb 13)
   Several vulnerabilities have been discovered in PHP, the web
   scripting language. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project
   identifies the following issues: [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156765

* Debian: 2407-1: cvs: heap overflow (Feb 9)
   It was discovered that a malicious CVS server could cause a heap
   overflow in the CVS client, potentially allowing the server to
   execute arbitrary code on the client. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156739

* Debian: 2406-1: icedove: Multiple vulnerabilities (Feb 9)
   Several vulnerabilities have been discovered in Icedove, Debian's
   variant of the Mozilla Thunderbird code base. CVE-2011-3670 [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156738

* Mandriva: 2012:020: phpldapadmin (Feb 15)
   A vulnerability has been found and corrected in phpldapadmin:
   Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in lib/QueryRender.php in
   phpLDAPadmin 1.2.2 and earlier allows remote attackers to inject
   arbitrary web script or HTML via the base parameter in a query_engine
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156786

* Mandriva: 2012:019: apr (Feb 14)
   --------------------------------
   A vulnerability has been found and corrected in ASF APR:
   tables/apr_hash.c in the Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library
   through 1.4.5 computes hash values without restricting the ability to
   trigger hash collisions predictably, which allows context-dependent
   attackers [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156775

* Mandriva: 2012:018: mozilla-thunderbird (Feb 13)
   Use-after-free vulnerability in Mozilla Firefox 10.x before 10.0.1,
   Thunderbird 10.x before 10.0.1, and SeaMonkey 2.7 allows remote
   attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or
   possibly execute arbitrary code via vectors that trigger failure of
   an nsXBLDocumentInfo::ReadPrototypeBindings function call, related
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156762

* Mandriva: 2012:017: firefox (Feb 12)
   ------------------------------------
   Use-after-free vulnerability in Mozilla Firefox 10.x before 10.0.1,
   Thunderbird 10.x before 10.0.1, and SeaMonkey 2.7 allows remote
   attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or
   possibly execute arbitrary code via vectors that trigger failure of
   an nsXBLDocumentInfo::ReadPrototypeBindings function call, related
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156757

* Mandriva: 2012:016: glpi (Feb 10)
   ---------------------------------
   A File Inclusion vulnerability was discovered and corrected in GLPI.
   This advisory provides the latest version of GLPI (0.80.7) that is
   not vulnerable to this issue. [More...]
   __

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156748

* Mandriva: 2012:015: wireshark (Feb 9)
   -------------------------------------
   Multiple file parser and NULL pointer vulnerabilities including a RLC
   dissector buffer overflow was found and corrected in Wireshark. This
   advisory provides the latest version of Wireshark (1.6.5 ) which is
   not vulnerable to these issues. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156740

* Red Hat: 2012:0144-01: flash-plugin: Critical Advisory (Feb 17)
   An updated Adobe Flash Player package that fixes multiple security
   issues is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6
   Supplementary. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this
   update as having critical [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156804

* Red Hat: 2012:0143-01: xulrunner: Critical Advisory (Feb 16)
   Updated xulrunner packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having critical [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156802

* Red Hat: 2012:0141-01: seamonkey: Critical Advisory (Feb 16)
   Updated seamonkey packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having critical [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156801

* Red Hat: 2012:0140-01: thunderbird: Critical Advisory (Feb 16)
   An updated thunderbird package that fixes one security issue is now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having critical [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156799

* Red Hat: 2012:0142-01: firefox: Critical Advisory (Feb 16)
   An updated firefox package that fixes one security issue is now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having critical [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156800

* Red Hat: 2012:0139-01: java-1.6.0-sun: Critical Advisory (Feb 16)
   Updated java-1.6.0-sun packages that fix several security issues are
   now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Extras, and Red Hat
   Enterprise Linux 5 and 6 Supplementary. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156798

* Red Hat: 2012:0137-01: texlive: Moderate Advisory (Feb 15)
   Updated texlive packages that fix multiple security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156791

* Red Hat: 2012:0136-01: libvorbis: Important Advisory (Feb 15)
   Updated libvorbis packages that fix one security issue are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, and 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156785

* Red Hat: 2012:0116-01: kernel: Moderate Advisory (Feb 14)
   Updated kernel packages that fix various security issues and several
   bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.1 Extended
   Update Support. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this
   update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156782

* Red Hat: 2012:0135-01: java-1.6.0-openjdk: Critical Advisory (Feb 14)
   Updated java-1.6.0-openjdk packages that fix several security issues
   are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156783

* Red Hat: 2012:0127-01: mysql: Moderate Advisory (Feb 13)
   Updated mysql packages that fix several security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156774

* Red Hat: 2012:0126-01: glibc: Moderate Advisory (Feb 13)
   Updated glibc packages that fix multiple security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156771

* Red Hat: 2012:0125-01: glibc: Moderate Advisory (Feb 13)
   Updated glibc packages that fix multiple security issues and one bug
   are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156772

* Red Hat: 2012:0128-01: httpd: Moderate Advisory (Feb 13)
   Updated httpd packages that fix multiple security issues are now
   available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156773

* Red Hat: 2012:0107-01: kernel: Important Advisory (Feb 9)
   Updated kernel packages that fix multiple security issues and two
   bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156746

* Slackware: 2012-041-05: vsftpd: Security Update (Feb 10)
   New vsftpd packages are available for Slackware 11.0, 12.0, 12.1,
   12.2, 13.0, 13.1, 13.37, and -current to work around a vulnerability
   in glibc.  [More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156749

* Slackware: 2012-041-02: php: Security Update (Feb 10)
   New php packages are available for Slackware 12.0, 12.1, 12.2, 13.0,
   13.1, 13.37, and -current to fix security issues.  [More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156750

* Slackware: 2012-041-01: httpd: Security Update (Feb 10)
   New httpd packages are available for Slackware 12.0, 12.1, 12.2,
   13.0, 13.1, 13.37, and -current to fix security issues.  The apr-util
   package has also been updated to the latest version.	[More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156751

* Slackware: 2012-041-04: proftpd: Security Update (Feb 10)
   New proftpd packages are available for Slackware 11.0, 12.0, 12.1,
   12.2, 13.0, 13.1, 13.37, and -current to fix security issues.  [More
   Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156752

* Slackware: 2012-041-03: glibc: Security Update (Feb 10)
   New glibc packages are available for Slackware 13.1, 13.37, and
   -current to fix a security issue.  [More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156753

* Ubuntu: 1367-1: libpng vulnerabilities (Feb 16)
   libpng could be made to crash or run programs as your login if it
   opened aspecially crafted file.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156803

* Ubuntu: 1284-2: Update Manager regression (Feb 16)
   USN-1284-1 introduced a regression in Update Manager.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156797

* Ubuntu: 1365-1: Puppet vulnerability (Feb 14)
   Puppet would allow unintended access to resources over the network.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156781

* Ubuntu: 1364-1: Linux kernel (OMAP4) vulnerabilities (Feb 13)
   Several security issues were fixed in the kernel.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156769

* Ubuntu: 1363-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (Feb 13)
   Several security issues were fixed in the kernel.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156768

* Ubuntu: 1362-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (Feb 13)
   Several security issues were fixed in the kernel.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156767

* Ubuntu: 1361-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (Feb 13)
   Several security issues were fixed in the kernel.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156766

* Ubuntu: 1358-2: PHP regression (Feb 13)
   ---------------------------------------
   USN 1358-1 introduced a regression in PHP.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156764

* Ubuntu: 1360-1: Firefox vulnerability (Feb 13)
   A security vulnerability has been fixed in Firefox.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156763

* Ubuntu: 1359-1: Tomcat vulnerabilities (Feb 13)
   Tomcat could be made to crash or expose sensitive information if
   itreceived specially crafted network traffic.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/156758

* Ubuntu: 1358-1: PHP vulnerabilities (Feb 10)