Linux Advisory Watch: May 27th, 2011

| LinuxSecurity.com                               Linux Advisory Watch |
| May 27th, 2011                                  Volume 12, Number 22 |
| Editorial Team:              Dave Wreski <dwreski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |
|                       Benjamin D. Thomas <bthomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> |

Thank you for reading the Linux Advisory Watch Security Newsletter. The
purpose of this document is to provide our readers with a quick summary of
each week's vendor security bulletins and pointers on methods to improve
the security posture of your open source system.

Vulnerabilities affect nearly every vendor virtually every week, so be
sure to read through to find the updates your distributor have made
available.

sec-wall: Open Source Security Proxy
------------------------------------
sec-wall, a recently released security proxy is a one-stop place for
everything related to securing HTTP/HTTPS traffic. Designed as a
pragmatic solution to the question of securing servers using SSL/TLS
certificates, WS-Security, HTTP Basic/Digest Auth, custom HTTP headers,
XPath expressions with an option of modifying HTTP headers and URLs on
the fly.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/154884

* Debian: 2242-1: cyrus-imapd-2.2: implementation error (May 25)
   It was discovered that the STARTTLS implementation of the Cyrus IMAP
   server does not properly restrict I/O buffering, which allows
   man-in-the-middle attackers to insert commands into encrypted IMAP,
   LMTP, NNTP and POP3 sessions by sending a cleartext command that is
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155148

* Debian: 2240-1: linux-2.6: privilege escalation/denial (May 25)
   CVE-2010-3875 Vasiliy Kulikov discovered an issue in the Linux
   implementation of the Amateur Radio AX.25 Level 2 protocol. Local
   users may obtain access to [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155142

* Debian: 2241-1: qemu-kvm: implementation error (May 24)
   Nelson Elhage discovered that incorrect memory handling during the
   removal of ISA devices in KVM, a solution for full virtualization on
   x86 hardware, could lead to denial of service of the execution of
   arbitrary code. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155141

* Debian: 2239-1: libmojolicious-perl: Multiple vulnerabilities (May 24)
   Several vulnerabilities have been discovered Mojolicious, a Perl Web
   Application Framework. The link_to helper was affected by cross-site
   scripting and implementation errors in the MD5 HMAC and CGI
   environment handling have been corrected. [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155139

* Debian: 2237-2: apr: denial of service (May 21)
   The recent APR update DSA-2237-1 introduced a regression that could
   lead to an endless loop in the apr_fnmatch() function, causing a
   denial of service. This update fixes this problem (CVE-2011-1928).
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155120

* Debian: 2238-1: vino: Multiple vulnerabilities (May 19)
   Kevin Chen discovered that incorrect processing of framebuffer
   requests in the Vino VNC server could lead to denial of service. For
   the stable distribution (squeeze), this problem has been fixed in
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155112

* Mandriva: 2011:101: dovecot (May 26)
   ------------------------------------
   A vulnerability has been identified and fixed in dovecot:
   lib-mail/message-header-parser.c in Dovecot 1.2.x before 1.2.17 and
   2.0.x before 2.0.13 does not properly handle &#039;\0&#039; (NUL)
   characters in header names, which allows remote attackers to cause a
   denial of [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155151

* Mandriva: 2011:100: cyrus-imapd (May 24)
   A vulnerability has been identified and fixed in cyrus-imapd: The
   STARTTLS implementation in Cyrus IMAP Server before 2.4.7 does not
   properly restrict I/O buffering, which allows man-in-the-middle
   attackers to insert commands into encrypted sessions by sending a
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155132

* Mandriva: 2011:099: libzip (May 24)
   -----------------------------------
   A vulnerability has been identified and fixed in libzip: The
   _zip_name_locate function in zip_name_locate.c in the Zip extension
   in PHP before 5.3.6 does not properly handle a
   ZIPARCHIVE::FL_UNCHANGED argument, which might allow
   context-dependent attackers to cause [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155131

* Mandriva: 2011:098: ruby (May 23)
   ---------------------------------
   Multiple vulnerabilities have been identified and fixed in ruby:
   Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the WEBrick HTTP server
   in Ruby allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or
   HTML via a crafted URI that triggers a UTF-7 error page
   (CVE-2010-0541). [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155129

* Mandriva: 2011:097: ruby (May 23)
   ---------------------------------
   Multiple vulnerabilities have been identified and fixed in ruby:
   Cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in the WEBrick HTTP server
   in Ruby allows remote attackers to inject arbitrary web script or
   HTML via a crafted URI that triggers a UTF-7 error page
   (CVE-2010-0541). [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155128

* Mandriva: 2011:095-1: apr (May 23)
   ----------------------------------
   It was discovered that the fix for CVE-2011-0419 under certain
   conditions could cause a denial-of-service (DoS) attack in APR
   (CVE-2011-1928). Packages for 2010.0 are provided as of the Extended
   Maintenance [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155122

* Mandriva: 2011:096: python (May 22)
   -----------------------------------
   Multiple vulnerabilities have been identified and fixed in python:
   The is_cgi method in CGIHTTPServer.py in the CGIHTTPServer module in
   Python 2.5, 2.6, and 3.0 allows remote attackers to read script
   source code via an HTTP GET request that lacks a / (slash) character
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155121

* Mandriva: 2011:095: apr (May 20)
   --------------------------------
   It was discovered that the fix for CVE-2011-0419 under certain
   conditions could cause a denial-of-service (DoS) attack in APR
   (CVE-2011-1928). Packages for 2009.0 are provided as of the Extended
   Maintenance [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155114

* Mandriva: 2011:094: pure-ftpd (May 19)
   --------------------------------------
   A denial-of-service (DoS) attack related to glob brace expansion was
   discovered and fixed in pure-ftpd (CVE-2011-0418). Packages for
   2009.0 are provided as of the Extended Maintenance Program. Please
   visit this link to learn more: [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155111

* Red Hat: 2011:0600-01: dovecot: Moderate Advisory (May 19)
   Updated dovecot packages that fix two security issues and add one
   enhancement are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red
   Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155107

* Red Hat: 2011:0599-01: sudo: Low Advisory (May 19)
   An updated sudo package that fixes one security issue and several
   bugs is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having low [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155106

* Red Hat: 2011:0586-01: libguestfs: Low Advisory (May 19)
   Updated libguestfs packages that fix one security issue, several
   bugs, and add one enhancement are now available for Red Hat
   Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this
   update as having low [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155105

* Red Hat: 2011:0677-01: openssl: Moderate Advisory (May 19)
   Updated openssl packages that fix one security issue, two bugs, and
   add two enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
   6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having
   moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155100

* Red Hat: 2011:0558-01: perl: Moderate Advisory (May 19)
   Updated perl packages that fix three security issues and several bugs
   are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155101

* Red Hat: 2011:0560-01: sssd: Low Advisory (May 19)
   Updated sssd packages that fix one security issue, several bugs, and
   add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise
   Linux 6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as
   having low [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155102

* Red Hat: 2011:0779-01: avahi: Moderate Advisory (May 19)
   Updated avahi packages that fix one security issue and one bug are
   now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155103

* Red Hat: 2011:0791-01: tomcat6: Moderate Advisory (May 19)
   Updated tomcat6 packages that fix three security issues and several
   bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having moderate
   [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155104

* Red Hat: 2011:0616-01: pidgin: Low Advisory (May 19)
   Updated pidgin packages that fix multiple security issues and various
   bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat
   Security Response Team has rated this update as having low [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155098

* Red Hat: 2011:0568-01: eclipse: Low Advisory (May 19)
   Updated eclipse packages that fix one security issue, several bugs,
   and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise
   Linux 6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as
   having low [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155099

* Red Hat: 2011:0554-01: python: Moderate Advisory (May 19)
   Updated python packages that fix three security issues, several bugs,
   and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise
   Linux 6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as
   having moderate [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155095

* Red Hat: 2011:0534-01: qemu-kvm: Important Advisory (May 19)
   Updated qemu-kvm packages that fix two security issues, several bugs,
   and add various enhancements are now available for Red Hat Enterprise
   Linux 6. The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as
   having [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155096

* Red Hat: 2011:0545-01: squid: Low Advisory (May 19)
   An updated squid package that fixes one security issue and two bugs
   is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6. The Red Hat Security
   Response Team has rated this update as having low [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155097

* Slackware: 2011-145-01: apr/apr-util: Security Update (May 25)
   New apr and apr-util packages are available for Slackware 11.0, 12.0,
   12.1, 12.2, 13.0, 13.1, 13.37, and -current to fix a security issue
   in apr and a crash bug in apr-util.  [More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155149

* Slackware: 2011-145-02: httpd: Security Update (May 25)
   New httpd packages are available for Slackware 12.0, 12.1, 12.2,
   13.0, 13.1, 13.37, and -current to fix accidental ABI breakage caused
   by httpd-2.2.18.  [More Info...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155150

* SuSE: 2011-026: Linux kernel (May 20)
   -------------------------------------
   This kernel update for the SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 SP4 kernel fixes
   several security issues and bugs. Following security issues were
   fixed: CVE-2011-1017,CVE-2011-1012: The code for evaluating LDM
   partitions (in fs/partitions/ldm.c) contained bugs that could crash
   the kernel  [More...]

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155113

* Ubuntu: 1138-2: NetworkManager and ModemManager update (May 26)
   An attacker could send crafted input to NetworkManager and
   ModemManagerand cause them to crash.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155161

* Ubuntu: 1138-1: DBus-GLib vulnerability (May 26)
   An attacker could send crafted input to applications using DBus-GLib
   andcause them to crash.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155160

* Ubuntu: 1137-1: Eucalyptus vulnerability (May 26)
   An attacker could send crafted input to Eucalyptus to run commands
   asa valid user.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155158

* Ubuntu: 1135-1: Exim vulnerability (May 25)
   An attacker could send crafted input to Exim and cause it to run
   programsas the Exim user.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155146

* Ubuntu: 1136-1: rdesktop vulnerability (May 25)
   An attacker could access your files if rdesktop connected to a
   maliciousserver.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155147

* Ubuntu: 1134-1: APR vulnerabilities (May 24)
   A denial of service issue exists that affects the Apache web server.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155140

* Ubuntu: 1133-1: Linux kernel vulnerabilities (May 24)
   Multiple flaws in the Linux kernel.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155138

* Pardus: 2011-80: kdenetwork: Directory traversal (May 26)
   A vuolnerability has been fixed in kdenetwork, which can be exploited
   by attackers to create arbitrary files.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155156

* Pardus: 2011-79: kdelibs: MITM Attack (May 26)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in kdelibs,which can be exploited by
   malicious people to man-in-the-middle attack.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155155

* Pardus: 2011-78: dhcpcd: Execute Arbitrary Commands (May 26)
   A vulnerability has been fixed in dhcpcd, which allows attackers to
   execute arbitrary commands.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155154

* Pardus: 2011-76: openldap: Multiple Vulnerabilities (May 26)
   Multiple vulnerabilities have been fixed in openldap.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155152

* Pardus: 2011-77: Wireshark: Multiple Vulnerabilities (May 26)
   Multible vulnerabilities have been fixed in wireshark, which allow
   attackers to cause a denial of service or to execute arbitrary code.

   http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/155153