Re: Unable to handle kernel paging

> If its a harddrive error, there is no utility necessary.
>
> Just make a backup on a new harddrive.
>
> And try "to make" the old concerning harddrive "new" with:
>
> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/harddrive
>
> If this fails, then it will show the address of
> harddrive, which is malfunctioning.

If we're assuming that it's the swap partition that is faulty, then no
backup is necessary. Just go into single user mode ("linux single" at lilo
prompt ?), unmount the swap partition and run the 'dd' command that Tino
specified above.  Do it several times to see if it's an intermittent error.

Good luck.