Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 11:35:47 +1100
Subject: Re: IPtables doubt !!!

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 07:27, Tiago Fioreze wrote:
>     The problem is the follwing:
>
>      Sometimes my computer go down . Sometimes at restart, all modules
> restart 100% (including eth0, eth1) less IPtables (unknow reason).
>      Result: free access to my network.
>
>       I would like to find a way to DENY access to my network when IPt=
a=3D
bles
> don't  restart correctly.
>
>       Thanks in advance,
>
>       Tiago Fioreze

iptables is just the userspace tool to control netfilter (part of the 2.=
4=3D
=3D20
kernel). If the iptables module is not loading then I'm not too sure how=
 =3D
you=3D20
can control netfilter :(

Your best bet is to find out why iptables isn't starting.=3D20

What version/distro of linux are you using? What have you got in the sta=
r=3D
tup=3D20
to load iptables?

Cheers,