Re: Why script fu have not a preview? this is the answer!

On Wednesday 30 November 2005 05:41 pm, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> fotocomics wrote:
> > WHY YOUR SCRIPT FU DIDN'T OFFER A PREVIEW?
>
> A preview window would need to be added that would contain a
> miniature copy of all layers for a script to operate on. Due to how
> long scripts can take to run, updating the preview window in real
> time (ie. as soon as a control is changed in the script dialog)
> would not be practical unless you have a super fast computer. It
> would be better to have a button on the script dialog which would
> cause the preview window to be updated. For logo scripts, the
> preview window would be empty until the user clicked on the
> "preview update" button.
>
> It might be possible to add a preview feature but I don't think it
> would be an easy thing to do.

Hi Kevin,

The way I have been thinking about it is:
just for <image>  scripts, and show just the current drawable (and
other drawables as input if they are part of the parameters) .
And also, process just preview_width X preview_height pixels in each
interaction. It won 't be a reliable preview for some scripts, but
neither are some of the C plug-in previews anyway.

But I am thinking about it for python-fu anyway - and am getting some
ideas on how to get it done (including adding optional parameters to
the 'register' call  to enable or not a preview)

Regards,
	JS
	-><-

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM