Re: Lab-WOW -How to use it ?

Hi!

Sorry for jumping in here without knowing too much about Lab-WOW, but
I have a suggestion! (see under the below)

> >   I have been wondering what is the best way to present a UI option
> > that could allow you to select a range of strength to apply to the
> > curves... Using a slider might be a good choice...but to get the
> > script out quickly i used a simpler method to fix the different
curves.

> >   How to use this script ?
> > 1) Select color punch, run it with the strength you desire.
> > 2) A new image will be created which is highly saturated.
> > 3) Copy this image back to the original as a layer above the
> >    Background
> > 4) Slide the opacity level of the new image, and you will get
> >    the level of saturation you want according to your taste..
> >
> >  Perhaps i should include step 3 as part of script so it automatically
> > generates a layer instead of a new image ?
> Ahh, I understand. Now I think the most saturated option may be the way
> to go. And I do think it would be better to create a new layer in the
> existing image instead of a separate one. Then one could use the opacity
> level to do fine tuning as you suggest.

I disagree here: I think the problem with this approach is that the
strongest saturation increase could clip colours. Reducing the opacity
would not help with the clipped results, so you'd never be able to
recover the quality. Even if you introduce a clipping-detector that
limits the maximum intensity of the effect, you'd still have another
problem now. The detector could get stuck on a pixel or two that have
really high saturation already, and under-affect the rest of the image.

I think the 'best' solution is still to let the user move a slider or
set an intensity counter...

BTW... Icouldn't download the script from yahoo, at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/script-fu/files/Scripts/lab-wow-1-1.scm

"The requested file or directory is not found on the server."

Mihai

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/e4wwlB/TM