Nikon8000-MF glass-covered holder

Hi!

I own a Nikon 8000 for 6x7 color transparency scanning and in general am
quite pleased with it.  I use the scans to make 20x25in prints on my Epson
10000 and get great detail, etc., from the scans.  However, let's say 10-20%
of the time, my scans are unusable because the film was not flat enough to
give good focus.  I find the film stretching feature of the MF holder to be
very fussy.  I have subsequently learned to tell lack of focus by doing
several focusings in different parts of the color transparency and comparing
the focus numbers.

The glass-covered rotating holder has been recommended to me and I am
seeking further comment.  I suspect that the focusing problem would be
solved by the holder, but am concerned whether the extra two sheets of glass
will degrade the scan in any way or create newton rings or other artifacts.
And whether I can expect the glass carrier to last for a long time given
reasonable care.  Does anyone in this group have experience with the
glass-covered holder?  Also I can't really tell what the "rotating" feature
is all about and why I should buy this one (as recommended to me) rather
than the less expensive regular glass-covered holder (or if I should
consider either of them).  Many thanks,

Tom Andrews
www.wildlandart.com

-