Custom Search

RE: agfa scala scanning

I shoot Scala, and scan on a Minolta Dimage Scan Elite.

When I began, I too had difficulty. However, I stuck to it, since the film
itself is so wonderful. Here's what has worked for me.

I do not use ICE.

I scan in color, then convert in Photoshop, usually using Channel Mixer.

I have developed a curve for my scans that helps to adjust the tonality so
that the scans more closely resemble the original positive. This curve
works - without further adjustment - for probably 90 - 95% of the scans.

At times I still have to pull out the detail in the shadow areas within
Photoshop. For that I use Martin Evening's process (Photoshop for
Photographers).

Hope this helps!

Brian Gorman
bgorman@pipeline.com