From: owner-scan@leben.com [mailto:owner-scan@leben.com] On Behalf Of
Laurie Solomon
Sent: May 14, 2002 1:16 AM
To: scan@leben.com
Subject: RE: Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 connectivity

Unless the USB card is one that utilizes the USB 2 standard, it will not
be faster than the SCSI connection.  If it is a USB2 card, at present
there are no scanners or any other peripherals that use USB2.  They all
use USB1.1 which is slower than SCSI.  Any connector adapters that might
convert SCSI to USB would be converting the faster SCSI to the slower
USB1.1.  It may just pay you to install a scsi card since it will be as
expensive as any adapter that you might find.