From: owner-scan@leben.com [mailto:owner-scan@leben.com]On Behalf Of
Bernie Epstein
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 7:29 PM
To: scan@leben.com
Subject: Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 connectivity

Hello, group. I just joined this list so my apologies if this subject
has been covered
before (although a quick search of the archives didn't turn anything
up).

I have just gotten a new PC to replace my aging 266-mHz box, which will
be networked to the new one and relegated to print server duty. The new
computer (2.2 gHz, 1 GB DDR RAM, twin 80 gig HDs, etc. running under
Windows XP Pro) has both firewire and USB cards. Unfortunately, I have
the original SprintScan 4000 (not the newer "Plus" version), which
appears to be limited to SCSI connectivity. (Same is true for my Agfa
Duoscan flatbed scanner.) Is there any way to take advantage of the
faster interfaces (such as a cable/connector adapter) or is SCSI my only
choice?

Bernie Epstein