Custom Search

Scanner suggestion for small organization?

Hi,

Our (small and young) local historical society needs a scanner.

The ability to scan paper, slides, and film is important.

Simplicity of use is equally important for our curator... <S>

And, of course, price:  $80 - $200

Computer: we will soon have a Dell Dimension 4400.

>From over 12 years experience, I have a tendency to be partial to Microtek
and Epson.

I have been looking at

- Epson Perfection 1250 w/ 35mm Film Strip Adapter
- Microtek ScanMaker 3800

Has the CanoScan D660U been replaced? opinions?

Thanks for the input.

Francoise Frigola
IAHS Computer & Research chair

Original Inkjet Prints in Multiple ~ Sculpture
http://www.pe.net/~franou/