From: "Thomas B. Maugham" <tmaugham@yahoo.com>
To: <scan@leben.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 5:41 PM
Subject: RE: The facts man, just give me the facts......

Well, you certainly may be correct about the future of Polaroid as least as
far as film scanning and general photography is concerned.  The issue to
current owners of Polaroid products (I own a SS4000) is where do we go
should we need service?  I presume that since the device is actually
manufactured by Microtek that I could go to them but at what price?  Will
they honor Polaroid warranties?  Are there any differences in the firmware
between the Polaroid-branded product and the Microtek offerings?  There are
many questions from me and I am sure from others but not many if any
answers!

Tom