Scanning old postcard for use on book cover

NOTE: I'm cross-posting to the DigitalBlackandWhite and the Scan lists.

A friend of mine has asked me to scan an old postcard she will be using on a
book cover. The postcard is in black and white, on time-yellowed stock. It
will be positioned at a roughly 30% angle from horizontal on the book cover.
The service bureau wants a 300dpi TIFF file, and they are using a 150 line
screen. I'm wondering:

1. Do I need to take into account the dot pattern of the postcard somehow,
and if so, how?
2. Am I better off scanning the postcard at the approximate angle at which
it will be printed, or rotating it in photoshop?
3. Am I better off trying to adjust for the yellowing in the scanning
process, or do that later in Photoshop? And, if the latter, am I better off
scanning in RGB so I can selectively remove or lighten the color before
turning the image into black and white?
4. How much sharpening should I apply to this image before I hand it back to
my friend? I normally output to inkjet printers, and they seem to require
almost no sharpening, but everything I've read indicates this is not the
case with press work.

Sorry if these are obvious questions, but this is not normally what I do
with images, so it's something of a mystery to me.

TIA -

More anon,
- David
David J. Bookbinder [david_bookbinder@sprynet.com]