Custom Search

Re: Proposal for Scanner Comparison

>Wonderful idea, can't  wait. A source for unbiased information with which to
>make an informed decision-what a novel idea! Just curious, if you don't
>mind, what will be the source of the scanners tested? I would find it hard
>to believe that the manufacturers themselves would be willing to participate
>in holding their equipment up to independent testing.

Have you seen DPReview.com that reviews digital cameras.  The manufacturers
do submit their equipment to be tested and rated.  There is a chance when
they provide equipment that it could have some non-standard tweaks, which
is why a testing agency like Consumer Reports buys their test products on
the street as an average consumer.

* Lew of Vividere  <mailto:lew@vividere.com>
* Vividere Glamour Photography and Models
*        <http://www.vividere.com>
* Celeb-O-Rama Celebrity and Glamour Models
*        <http://www.celeborama.com>