Custom Search

Re: Epson 2450

There are plastics, and there are plastics.

There are indeed coatings for and types of plastic that are very scratch
resistant.  But this is way more expensive to produce than just using
glass.

My eyeglasses are coated plastic lenses, and I have owned them for
years.  They are cleaned daily, and have been abused, and they have only
scratched under fairly severe conditions (like a grain of silica sand,
which will also scratch glass.)  Certainly, the lenses are more
vulnerable than glass, but I'm amazed at how well they do stand up to abuse.

I'd still like to know which company provided a plastic bed for a
flatbed scanner.

Art