Custom Search

Re: Epson 2450

Although I don't own a 2450, I have yet to see a flatbed scanner that
uses plastic, and I really doubt any company would use it.  Besides that
plastic is very hard to produce at the optical quality required for a
scanner, it is more expensive than glass, also.  It may sound like
plastic if it is anchored or damped around the edges.

The best way to check is on a day when the room is cool or cold, and the
scanner has been off for a long period, touch the surface with your
finger.  If it feels cooler than your finger, it is very probably glass;
glass is a good heat conductor, and pulls heat from your finger and
therefore feels cool.  If  it feels "neutral" or the temperature of your
finger, it could be plastic, as plastic is more thermally insulative and
therefore tends to not take warmth away from a warmer source.

Art