Custom Search

Re: A Little Test

I apologize to most of the members of the list for what follows.  I have
been putting up with this kind of BS from a few people on this list for
a long time and I'm going to publicly express myself about it.

I would ask if anyone wishes to discuss this further or comment, either
because you agree or disagree, or even if you wish to hurl insults at
me, please email me privately at: artistic-1@shaw.ca  I do not wish this
to become a public flame war. I have attempted to deal with this
situation in private mail with the people involved without success, and
I'm losing patience.

Art

=======================

 > Hey Art, you can spare us the "favors," OK?
 > Or perhaps bestow your boundless generosity elsewhere. <g>
 >

 > rafe b.

Just who are "US" that you think you represent, Rafe?

The gentleman asked a question about the nature of the triline CCD in
the Nikon scanner, and I provided a relatively detailed explanation,
that none of the owners of this scanner bothered to.  If it contained a
factual error, the human thing to do would have been to say something
like "that was a helpful explanation, but there's an error in this
section".  But you and Moreno need to feed your pathetic egos.

Just in case you STILL haven't figured this out.  I don't contribute to
this list for you, or Dickbo, or Moreno or any other detractors.

Within the several years I have been active on this list, I am pretty
confident that I have provided more help to people who have posed
questions or asked for guidance both on this list and in private email,
as a result of requests made on this list, than any one other
individual. I have not yet had anyone who has requested assistance tell
me that I have mislead them or that they have made a poor scanner choice
because of my advice, and MANY have purchased based upon lengthy private
email discussions.  Nor do I believe I have ever ignored a request for
assistance that has come to my mailbox.

I ALWAYS inform people of any associations I might have, and I ALWAYS
suggest that they go beyond my advice and look at reviews, websites, and
ask owners of the scanners in question before resolving what to buy.
I do not continually repeat this in public postings, but I do inform
anyone I correspond with in private email of all of these matters.

I have advised people to buy Primefilm, HP, Acer, Minolta, Canon,
Polaroid, and yes, even Nikon film scanners based upon their
requirements and with the caveats I am aware of at the time.  I have
provided (again, in private mail) lengthy help sessions in getting
people started, getting them through beginners problems, and buying
peripheral goods and MUCH, much more.  As one example, I have provided
step by step instructions personally to many dozens of people who were
told their Epson printers were "dead" and should be tossed, on how to
unclog them and get them functional again and everyone has been
successful.  That information is now quoted on several websites.  I make
not one cintilla from ANY of this.  I don't sell scanners or printers,
or repair services. I spend an AVERAGE of 4-5 hours a night (and it is
night and early morning) corresponding to people both on list and off
about their scanner and printer questions.  In other words, I sacrifice
sleep time to do this.

Most of the people I deal with express gratitude for my input and
assistance.

READ VERY CAREFULLY: I don't do it for you.

You and your lot are an annoying side-effect that people who try to be
helpful to others have to regularly deal with.  Your type exist
everywhere there are people who try to do good deeds. I find you selfish
and self-centered. You can't understand my motives because they are
beyond your comprehension.

Art