Custom Search

Re: To David Soderman: A Little Test

I'm trying to understand the nature of this test and its value.

Nikon scanners, and particularly the 8000ED in super fine mode, uses the
same CCD sensor line for all three color scans.  The only thing that
changes is the color of the LED lighting source.

The Minolta, on the other hand, uses three distinct CCD lines, each one
through a different colored filter, one red, one green and one blue.

One would expect that the later system, as used on all scanners but the
Nikon, would show more variation since each color uses a unique set of
elements, and a unique filter.

So, I guess I'm wondering what the results of such a test mean.

What might be more interesting is testing the Nikon in normal mode
rather than super fine to see how the three lines of elements respond
when two are not calibrated, and repeat the test several times.

Art