Re: "Pepper grain" (was Minolta Multi Pro)

He might not.  As you probably are aware, the nikon has other aspects
which he may find as much or more annoying.

Like the Hassy lens he might find too sharp for portrait shooting, he
should see about very slightly defocusing the scanner , and see if this
helps.  If it is aliasing exaggerating the problem, then that might
solve it (he can bring his image back to sharpness using USM).

However, this pepper grain might be the CCD seeing things we don't, and
before he switches, he might wish to try to do an A:B comparison before
making the plunge.

Has he tried using dICE to see if it will lessen this problem?

Art

-