Re: Clipping

Hi Gene-

Actually, my understanding is that it's the opposite- that is, when the
histogram extend all the way out to 0 and 255, with no slope, but with an
abrupt or no cut-off, then the assumption is that data above and below those
points have been compressed, or clipped.  Basically what you want to see is
a curve that sloped down to the ends, and "dies" between 1-5 and 250-254,
respectively.

Hope that's clear-

Bill Morse
PhotoProspect