Custom Search

Re: Minolta Scan Multi Pro: An Initial Impression

If you don't mind, I'd like to advance this matter further.

Some optical 2400-2800 dpi scanners don't seem to have this problem to
any degree.  Is it possible that is due to their having poor enough
optics to "neutralize" this aliasing by actually scanning well below the
2400 dpi "minimum"?  As an example, I noticed a lot of other problems
with the HP S-10 and S-20 scanners, but not those discussed below.
Even the Canon FS 2710 has considerably less of these specific problems.

I have heard from one source that the true resolution of the S-10 was
only about 1000 dpi due to optical path issues.

The Nikons also might be more vulnerable to exaggerated grain due to the
nature of the light source, which is pretty unforgiving, while the
Minolta use a diffused cold cathode type.

Can sharpening take place in electronic circuit design, as it can, via
filters, in effect with audio signals?

Art