 -----Original Message-----
From: 	owner-scan@leben.com [mailto:owner-scan@leben.com]  On Behalf Of gary
Sent:	Monday, March 18, 2002 10:25 AM
To:	scan@leben.com
Subject:	RE: Scan-Digest V2000 #1149

I think you are onto something, but not the color cast. I think the
different degrees of posterization created the funny color band on the hip.

I still think for B&W getting a raw scan from Vuescan is the way to go.
Desaturate or pick one color channel and then process in photoshop. I've
done this on astronomical photos and some funny terrestrial telescope photos
where low contrast confused the twain.

-

-