Custom Search

RE: Source for IT8 targets?

I really don't follow this logic.

Is the IT8 image done with a camera, light, and physical target, i.e. you
photograph a standard of some sort? Then it makes sense to me that you could
need such a target for each variant of film. If the IT8 by itself represents
a standard for the scanner to scan, then the film shouldn't matter, i.e. the
manufacturer of the target should compensate for the film.

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand film profiling, so don't be
afraid to write replies as in "Profiling for Dummies".